The term engineering is derived from a Latin word ‘ingenium‘, meaning ‘cleverness‘. The branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machine, and structure is known as concept of engineering.
Engineering is the use of scientific principle to design and build machines, structures and other items, including vehicles, roads, bridges, tunnels, and buildings. http://educationbasta.com/apply-now
TYPES OF ENGINEERING
There are mainly four types of engineering:
- CHEMICAL ENGINEERING
- CIVIL ENGINEERING
- ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
- MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
- Chemical Engineering: Engineers in chemical engineering use their knowledge of science (such as chemistry, biology, math, and physics) to solve problems that affect the use or production of drugs, chemicals, food, and more. the engineers often work in laboratories and offices and all of them work full-time.
2. Civil Engineering: Infrastructure problems are solved by civil engineers. They often split their time between project sites and office. Infrastructure such as the Thames Tunnel in London, the Erie Canal were all made by the civil engineers.
3. Electrical Engineering: Electrical engineers are the engineers who focuses on the design, manufacturing and testing of electrical components, such as communications systems, navigation, motors, and power generations. Electrical engineering is one of the biggest or one of the broadest fields in the industry sector, which refers to that the available job can vary from one sector to other sector.
4. Mechanical Engineering: Engineers under mechanical engineering design, build and develop mechanical and thermal sensing devices, such as tools, engines and machines. Mechanical engineering is one of the broadest fields, and they can be found a huge range of products from electric generators to batteries to refrigeration systems.
Under this concept of engineering there are some more kinds of engineering. They are given below:
- ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING
- AEROSPACE ENGINEERING
- PETROLEUM ENGINEERING
- HEALTH AND SAFETY ENGINEERING
- MARINE ENGINEERING
- BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING