Post Graduate Diploma in taxation is a 2 year course of diploma level that deals with technical and practical aspects of direct and indirect taxes, financial accounting, auditing, income tax and related matters. To be eligible for this course a minimum of 45 percent in class 10th from any recognised board is required. PG DIPLOMA IN TAXATION
The admission process for this course varies from one college to another. Majority of colleges prefer merit based admissions based on class 10+2 marks. Few other colleges often admission based on entrance exams that are conducted on university level itself.
Some of the colleges that offer post graduate diploma in taxation in India are Symbiosis Law School, Osmania University, Indian Law Society Law College, Pune, The Maharaja Sayajirao University of Baroda, Bharati Vidhyapeeth etc. The average post graduate diploma in taxation course fees ranges between INR 5,000 to 2,00,000. The syllabus for post graduate diploma in taxation focuses on topics like direct tax, indirect tax, corporate tax, central sales tax value added tax, tax planning, accounting, cost management, testing concepts etc.
Some of the top recruiters of post graduate diploma in taxation are Wipro Technilogies ltd, Tata Motors, Bharat Sanchar Nigam Ltd(BSNL), Heavy Engineering Corporation Ltd(HEC), National Small Industries Corporation Limited(NSIC) etc. The average annual salary package ranges between INR4,00,000 to INR9,00,000. PG DIPLOMA IN TAXATION
- An aspiring student must hold a bachelor of commerce degree or a law degree should have scored more than 45 percent marks in graduation
- A few recognised colleges also consider entrance examination marks
- Most universities accept a student with at least 1 year work experience in a related field
- The selection process varies from institute to institute, few colleges go based on 12th class performance, while other colleges go with entrance exams.
- Admission can be in both full time mode and the corresponding mode depending upon the student’s requirement
- Sikkim Manipal University, Symbiosis is one of the universities which provide distance learning courses to its students